WHAT ARE VETERANS SERVICE OFFICES?
Veterans service offices are locally-funded agencies established in 1946 to assist veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services accrued through military service.
WHAT IS CACVSO?
The California Association of County Veterans Service Officers (CACVSO) is a nonprofit educational and professional organization through which California’s Veterans Service Officers help each other to do a better job of advocacy and claims work for veterans.
THE CACVSO PROVIDES:
- Training Forum
- Inter-agency dialog
- Updates on regulations
- Professional/technical seminars
- Research into the veteran community
- Advocacy on veterans’ issues
CACVSO ALSO PROVIDES:
- Information, training and assistance to organizations furnishing claims assistance to veterans
- Networking with other organizations which help the California Veteran community
- Outreach to hard-to-contact elements of the veteran community
- Advocacy for veterans’ families
HOW DOES THE CACVSO OPERATE?
As a California nonprofit agency, the CACVSO works cooperatively with organizations serving veterans and offering social service benefits. Such organizations include:
- The US Department Of Veterans Affairs
- The California Department of Veterans Affairs
- USDVA Medical Facilities
- The California Employment Development Department
- County and State Mental Health Departments
- County Social Services Department
- The Small Business Administration